Thursday, March 28, 2013

Medication and Dental Care

(Artwork by Kelly Watts 2013)
 

So under the 'continuing adventure' of having a Chronic Illness
I have just come from a Dental Check up.
 
And have been told some interesting news...
 
First of all, I have six, Yes, SIX cavities!  I have never had six cavities before!
 
Secondly I have some paradental disease happening in the back of my mouth.
 
What does this have to do with having a Chronic Illness?
 
 
Well, apparently, these cavities and paradental disease is caused by having a dry mouth from some of the medications I am taking.
 
The hygienist had to freeze one quarter of my mouth to clean my teeth and we only finished one quarter of my cleaning.  So I am scheduled to go in
for two more visits!  Oy vay!
 
The wonderful life of living with a Chronic Illness!
 
Do any of you have teeth related issues from your illness or medication?
I would love to hear about them.  Just comment in the comment section
as I love to hear from you.
 
Hugs and blessings my Spoonie Sisters/Brothers
Kelly Watts



No comments:

Post a Comment