Monday, February 18, 2013

Are You A Spoonie?

 
 
So as most of you know I have been spending a lot of time on instagram looking at posts from individuals with FM and/or other Chronic Illnesses and I have noticed the hashtag #spoonie under a lot of their posts.  I finally asked one lovely lady (Jill) what #spoonie meant.
She told me to Google "Spoon Theory" and that brought me to Christine Miserandino's site called www.butyoudontlooksick.com
 
Here she describes how the "Spoon Theory" was born and what it meant.
Basically, she was trying to describe to her friend what it was like to have Lupus.
 
Her theory makes so much sense and it explains what life is like having any Chronic illness.  Her information is copyrighted and I do not want to post it without her permission so please go and check out her post here
 
What I learned is that I am definitely a spoonie and if anyone asks me what it's like to live life with FM and other Chronic Illnesses  I am going to go grab a bunch of spoons!!!
 
When I read this information it was an 'aha' moment for me, I hope it will be for you too!
 
Many hugs and blessings to you.
 
Sincerely
Kelly Watts

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely brilliant. I am going to use that spoon theory to show my husband how my day goes. I too was wondering what a "spoonie" was!

    Thank you for the link Kelly.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous post. You are such an inspiration to me Kelly! I think we need to find out how to have some special #spoonie shirts for our #chronicillnesssiblings... We've also started a #fibroasskickingteam hashtage for those days we just need each other. I love your blog Kelly, I'm glad that our lives crossed paths. xoxo

    ReplyDelete