Friday, February 22, 2013

Don't You Just Love Doctor Days?

(Artwork By Kelly Watts 2009)
 
Getting a handle on the pain is essential when dealing with Fibromyalgia.
That is why the Doctors tried me on so many different medications.
 
As you know, this didn't work out so well for me.
 
After experiencing all the side effects imaginable I decided I needed to get off of every pain/inflammation drug they put me on and try going natural.
 
So, I requested a new Doctor at the Chronic Pain Clinic to discuss my options.
 
It was a three hour long appointment in the most uncomfortable room available (why do they make them so uncomfortable, I mean, it's a CHRONIC PAIN clinic... HELLO????)
 
Here are my options:
 
They suggested I talk to my family Doctor in regards to getting an IUD put in.
That's a funny suggestion isn't it?
 
Well, in my case it's actually a very smart suggestion.
 
I am deeply effected by my menstrual cycle for 10 solid days per month, the pain is completely unbearable.
 
So, their suggestion... stop my menstrual flow.
 
I have never used an IUD before.  I do not know much about it.  I will have to research it with my family Doctor.
 
Stopping my menstrual flow should help me with some of the pain.
 
My only concern however, is that I may have an adverse reaction to an IUD. 
 
In the past the Doctors have tried to regulate my menstrual flow with Birth Control pills.  It turns out my body does not handle them well and instead of regulating my cycle it increased my cycle so that I bled all month long.
 
The same thing happened when a Dermatologist tried to help me with hormonal acne... he put me on water pills and it made me have my cycle 4 times during the month 5 days at a time.  Crazy.
 
So, I have much to discuss with my Doctor in these regards, more than likely he will refer me to a Gynecologyst.
 
Secondly, their next suggestion. 
 
The Doctors at the Chronic Pain Clinic discussed with me my options in regards to medications and or medicinal marijuana to fight the pain.
 
It turns out there is a pharmaceutical brand called Cessemet that is supposed to help with the pain.  I am going to discuss this with my Doctor as well.
 
The pain has been very high these past few months since going off of the Lyrica, Baclofen, Tramadol, Codeine etc...
 
Cessamet should be a viable solution for me and I am willing to give it a try.
 
I will let you know my progress as it happens.
 
Have any of you been able to successfully stop your menstrual flow or considered it?
 
Have any of you used Cessamet and experienced relief?
 
I would love to hear from you in these regards.
 
I pray for a pain free day for you.
 
Many hugs and many blessings Dear ones.
 
Kelly Watts

1 comment:

  1. See a gyno. IUDs can cause a lot of different side effects and problems. In my opinion on they aren't very safe.

    ReplyDelete